The College of Arts‘ blog highlights faculty, staff, student and program successes and community engagements.
Here you will find in-depth articles, short profiles, listicles, videos, podcasts, first-person stories and other informational content that is relevant to the two Faculties housed under the College of Arts: the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Who We Are:
The College of Arts comprises the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Social Sciences, with over 120 permanent faculty members, 14 academic departments (13 in Abbotsford and 1 in Mission) and over 3000 students. The COA delivers high-quality instruction to students with personal attention and close faculty-student interaction. The curriculum aims to be relevant, inclusive and engaging.
Students have multiple opportunities across all programs to learn beyond the classroom. Arts students receive a broad education that thoroughly prepares and connects them to their future endeavors. Upon program completion, students take away the ability to:
- communicate clearly;
- work collaboratively; and
- think critically and imaginatively.
The COA has various community advisory committees that inform program content and delivery and is in the process of creating a BA wide Advisory Council comprised of community, industry and government leaders to help inform programming and experiential learning opportunities.
Current experiential program opportunities include:
- applied & Honours research projects
- field schools & study tours (local & international)
- creative exhibitions & stage performances
- contributions to CIVL Radio, Louden Singletree literary magazine & the Cascade newspaper
- community service projects
- projects with local & regional agencies
- cooperative education with paid work placements
Classes are offered in: Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Chandigarh (India), and online.