July 26 to August 9, 2017
UFV will send one Science student to London, UK summer 2017 (all expenses paid) to attend the annual London International Youth Science Forum (LIYSF) http://www.liysf.org.uk/
Past representatives have included: Timothy Richards (2012), Andrew Alexander (2013), Etienne Dreyer (2014), Kevin Kobes (2015) and Vivienne Beard (2016).
INFORMATION SESSION: January 24th at 2:00-3:00 PM in C1015
- Guest speaker Vivienne Beard, last year’s representative for UFV at LIYSF
- Read Vivienne’s LIYSF blog
We are looking for a student enrolled in a science program at UFV, who is academically outstanding and also has great leadership and communication skills, to represent UFV at the London International Youth Science Forum.
To qualify for the Selection Process, you must:
- be aged 17 to 21
- Submit a portfolio, consisting of:
- Resume and cover letter stating why you qualify for this
- Your vision of where Science or Technology will make the biggest contribution to the future (short essay, video or other visual presentation)
- 2 letters of reference from faculty who can speak to your ability & accomplishments as a science student and why you would be a good representative for UFV at the Forum
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 7, 2017
Send a digital copy to the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Science at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will make a presentation to the selection panel on a research interest at a date to be coordinated between mid-February to early March. Presentations will be widely advertised to the university community and attendance will be open to any interested students, family, friends, staff and faculty.
Wendy Gracey, Assistant to the Dean
Office of the Dean, Faculty of Science