UFV is open. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, the University is adapting and providing education and services online wherever and whenever possible. So while the doors to some buildings and services may be closed, UFV remains open, active, and online.
- Classes for the summer semester will continue in an online or remote format only.
- There will be no face-to-face courses in any of the summer semester full, early, or late sessions.
- Students should continue to register for courses as they normally would through the end of the early registration period on March 27.
- All registration deposits are refundable if a student registers, but withdraws by April 20.
- Not all courses scheduled will be offered on-line. On the other hand, some new courses not currently appearing in online calendars, may be provided.
- Students have until May 8, 2020 to voluntarily withdraw from courses for the winter term.
- You can choose to withdraw from a course with no adverse academic effect.
- For courses dropped during this new withdrawal period, a “W” will show on student’s permanent record, but will not count as a course attempt when calculating repeat rules.
- Students with student loans should connect with Financial Aid (email@example.com) and athletes should connect with Alicia.Hurley@ufv.ca prior to withdrawal.
- Students are able to withdraw from a course through their MyUFV account.
- No further approval is required.
Students with questions about withdrawal and the summer session should contact the Registrar’s office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking lot Wi-Fi
UFV is providing access to Wi-Fi hotspots for students, faculty, and staff in several of our parking lots on the Abbotsford and Chilliwack campuses. This means you can drive up, maintain social or physical distance in your car, and access Wi-Fi. See map for locations.
The following computer labs with social distancing measures are available:
- Abbotsford: Building G room 210
- Chilliwack: Building A room 1202
Please note: revised hours for all campuses and buildings located here. The following is new information.
Student Union Building
In order to further promote social and physical distancing the Student Union Building (SUB) will be closed at end of day on Wednesday, March 25, with access for SUS executive, and others who have offices in the building and who cannot work remotely.
The Applied and Technical Studies Building in Chilliwack will be closed as of 4pm Wednesday, March 25.
UFV remains committed to supporting students through phone, virtual, and online services. Here is an updated and complete list.
The UFV Bookstores will be operating online in order to serve you while maintaining physical distancing measures. The bookstores remain available to process orders placed online, and are offering free shipping for online orders until the end of classes in April.
Food and services
- Abbotsford: Wednesday and Thursday, March 26 10am to 2pm then closed until further notice
- Chilliwack: Closed as of March 25
- Campus Card Office: Closed
- Print Services: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30pm (CEP) and 12-4 (Abbotsford)
- Tim Hortons: Closed
- The Parking Desk: Closed
- Quick Print: Closed as of Thursday, March 26