Who doesn’t love recipes that are quick, healthy and yummy! Thank you to Chelsea Wedel for sending us this recipe to enjoy! I think I’m going to make some for Superbowl Sunday (go Chiefs!)
I’ve attached my favorite, healthy recipe for the Strive to Thrive Challenge! It’s home-made hummus that’s easy and delicious…only 6 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes. Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. I often add fresh dill to mine for some added flavor, too..
- 15-ounce can chickpeas (NOT drained)
- 2-4 cloves garlic (depending on how garlicky you prefer it)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4-1tsp sea salt (depending on how salty you prefer it)
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh dill (optional)
- Microwave undrained chickpeas and whole garlic cloves in a mixing bowl for 4-5 minutes.
- NOTE: Reserve 1/2 of the chickpea liquid to add in as needed while blending. Add the other 1/2 of the chickpea liquid with the chickpeas and garlic (and dill – optional) to a blender or food processor and process with lemon juice, salt and tahini. Stream in olive oil while mixing.
- Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Add more of the reserved chickpea liquid as needed for creamier texture.