Due to weather conditions, this event has been rescheduled to Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
Applications are still being accepted!
Each year the Research Office invites faculty researchers to be a part of the continued success of the UFV Micro-Lecture series. Our goal is to provide “snapshots” of the range and depth of our faculty research, as well as highlight the interdisciplinary nature of our work. This engaging fast-paced event also helps to interest students in research and expose faculty to research other than their own. Directly following the micro-lectures will be an informal reception to showcase faculty accomplishments in publication.
What it looks like.
Researchers take the stage one after the other for a maximum of two minutes to speak about the exciting findings and implications of their research. The event generally lasts about an hour. Discussion and networking are encouraged afterwards (e.g., if someone is inspired, they can approach faculty afterwards for further discussion).
What it is not.
The Micro-Lecture series is not a forum for faculty to introduce themselves or their department. Rather, it is an opportunity for those in attendance to get “snapshots” of the exciting research being conducted at UFV.
2019 Faculty Micro–Lectures and Publication Celebration:
- Location: Abbotsford Campus – Spirit Bear Café (A219)
- Time: 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
Interested in presenting a micro lecture?
- Location: Abbotsford campus – F124
- Time: 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
What to submit:
- A copy of your published piece for display at the event (peer-reviewed journal article, authored or co-authored book or book chapter, edited or co-edited book, video, etc.). New submissions from 2017-2019 will be accepted. For online articles, please print a hard copy for display. Submissions will be returned after the event. Please include all the information needed for a citation in a bibliography (author(s), title, journal title, publisher, city, volume, date, URL, etc.)
- A PowerPoint slide that captures something about your publication. Include your name, department, your photo, and title of the publication. Include an image related to your publication (e.g., book cover, photo of you on location, etc.). These can be similar to the ones faculty did for the last publication celebration found at https://ufv.ca/media/assets/research/publications/PPT-Slide-Presentation-for-web.pdf . The purpose of the slide is to generate discussions and connections. Be creative! There is a prize draw for participants and the slides will be posted on the web.
Interested in submitting a publication?
- If you would like to submit a recent publication (2017 – 2019) please send or drop off your hard copies to Deborah Block in G290 (Library, upstairs, far left corner behind the books).
- Send your PowerPoint slide to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to register for a micro–lecture/submit a publication: March 27, 2019
For more information, please see Faculty Micro Lectures and Publication Celebration on the events Research website.