Faculty and staff play critical roles in the fostering the success of our students in school and in the job market. Hear how some of recent alumni parlayed undergraduate success into careers in environmental fields, and hear what recommendations they would give to current students and faculty about making the leap!
When: Doors open at 12.30pm for meet-and-greet. Panel discussion starts at 1pm.
- Dylan Anderson (BA student), Co-op student with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Nathalie Armstrong (BSc 2011, UFV; MA cand., UBC). Land Officer, Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resources Operations
- Anita Brar (BSc 2012), formerly Caribou Research Technician, National Council for Air and Stream Improvement
- Theresa Fresco (BA 2005, UFV; MA 2012, UBC). Membership Coordinator, Connecting Environmental Professionals, and Program Coordinator, Fraser Basin Council
- Jillian Hansen-Carlson (BSc 2013). Green Building Coordinator, Light House Sustainable Building Centre
- Leanne Hunter (BSc 2013). Environment Canada
- Moderator: Alyssa Bourgie, BSc student (Biology) and UFV Sustainability Intern
In addition, more alumni will be joining us in the audience to help mentor our students during the networking session after the panel.
While faculty are welcome to join us during the meet-and-greet (starting at 12.30) and the panel discussion (1-1.45), we do ask that the time set aside for networking after the panel be reserved primarily for students and alumni.
Interested in attending? RSVP at http://events.ufv.ca/events/environmental-careers-networking-event/ Students are expected to adhere to business casual attire standards. This event is open to students from any program.
This event is being co-sponsored by the Department of Geography and the Environment, UFV Career Centre, UFV Centre for Sustainability, and UFV Alumni Association.
Questions? E-mail Michelle.Rhodes@ufv.ca