Chat platforms such as MS Teams or Zoom are tools that facilitate group collaboration. It is so simple to communicate with others in chat platforms, that it’s easy to overlook the type of information being shared, whether others can see it, how it’s being stored, and whether another tool may be more appropriate for transmitting the message.
When using chat tools, always consider the following:
– The sensitivity and classification of information you are transmitting.
– Will the chat create a University record that could be subject to an information request? If so, be professional and mindful of the content of your chats as they can be called upon if the University receives an information request.
This guide (link below) addresses the following elements when using MS Teams:
– Recordkeeping Roles and Responsibilities
– Managing Information in MS Teams
– Access and Privacy
– Managing information in text messages
For more information, contact Jennifer MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org