UFV has paused all classes for the week of March 16-20 with classes resuming in an online or remote environment on Monday, March 23.
A reminder: UFV encourages you to check factual health sources like Health Canada for information relating to COVID-19 symptoms, self-isolation, and testing. The province of BC has also set up a dedicated COVID-19 line at 1-888-COVID19 or text at 1-888-268-4319, or 604-630-0300.
In order to help protect the health of UFV faculty, staff, students, and the broader UFV community, and comply with the Provincial Health Officers advice, UFV is implementing a phased approach to working remotely for employees.
Important UFV updates:
UFV remains committed to supporting students as we move to remote instruction. While we are not offering face-to-face appointments and drop-in sessions in several areas, we are still available to help you. If you are ill or have been outside of Canada within the past 14 days, please do not attend campus in person. Please find the updated UFV Students Services details here.
Library services will be available online, however, the libraries at Abbotsford and Chilliwack will both be closed. As determined by Library administration, Library staff will continue to work at these locations.
- In order help promote social distancing, all internal and all external UFV face-to-face events scheduled to occur between today and April 30 are now cancelled or postponed.
- All external room bookings at UFV should also be cancelled.
- All program information sessions, graduation showcases, and other events are cancelled or postponed.
- UFV is not taking any new requests for campus space from external groups, until further notice. All external groups who have reserved space will be contacted and informed the campus is no longer available for their event.
- UFV PD Day (April 30) will not be held this year.
- Graduation photo sessions will occur with appropriate measures in place for social distancing.
- UFV Convocation is still scheduled to occur in early June and this will be re-evaluated in late April.
- Assessment services are also cancelled.
- The following UFV services have modified hours this week:
- The UFV Bookstores: Abbotsford and Chilliwack: 8:30am – 4:30
- Tim Hortons: Closed
- Cascade Café: Abbotsford and Chilliwack 8am – 2pm (Monday – Thursday) closed Friday
- The Parking Desk: 8:30am – 4:30
- Campus Card Office: 9am – 4:00
- Print Services – 8am – 5pm
- The in-camera UFV Board of Governors meeting (April 2) will proceed with the option for members to attend via video conference. The public portion of the meeting will not occur.
Counselling for faculty and staff:
Support for faculty and staff is available through the UFV Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider, Homewood Health. Homewood provides immediate, confidential help and may be contacted, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, toll free at 1-800-663-1142.
UFV appreciates your patience while we adapt to this new environment.