On December 8, Dr. Bonnie Henry and the BC Centre for Disease Control (BC CDC) held a virtual town hall for post-secondary institutions, Indigenous partners, post-secondary labour organizations, student associations, and sector association presidents.
UFV’s Dr. Joanne Maclean provided the Indigenous territorial acknowledgement and Dr. James Mandigo was the townhall moderator. Questions were posted by the audience and answered by Dr. Henry and her colleagues in the Provincial Health Office and the BC CDC.
Topics discussed included:
- Why vaccinations are not mandatory for post-secondary students, faculty, and staff
- The limited value of rapid testing in environments with high vaccination rates
- The low COVID-19 transmission rates at post-secondary institutions
- PHO advice on travel over the holiday break.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response.
- COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines are hosted on the provincial government’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information