Dr. Bonnie Henry has issued new health orders specifically for the Coastal Health Region and the Fraser Health region which includes all UFV campuses. These orders are in place from November 8 to November 23.
UFV must redouble our efforts to help curb the second wave of the virus and to help protect the health of our students, faculty, staff and community.
- Remote work – UFV faculty and staff should continue to work remotely wherever possible and should only come to a UFV campus for essential activities, for example, face-to-face teaching;
- Face-to-face classes continue – All face-to-face and remote classes will continue;
- Daily online assessment and submission – In adherence with COVID safety plans, faculty and staff who are required to come to campus for essential activities must now complete the Thrive BC online assessment tool each day they intend to be on campus. Confirmation of completion should be sent to supervisors who will maintain a daily list of employees on campus and completion of the assessment;
- Student assessment by faculty – Faculty are to remind students of their responsibility to self-assess their health for face-to-face activities on a daily basis using the Thrive BC online assessment tool. Faculty are asked to confirm with each student at the beginning of each class that this self-assessment has been completed and that the result does not recommend self-isolation and/or quarantine. Students who receive a recommendation to self-isolate and/or quarantine should immediately go home if they are already in class. No student is to be penalized for following health protocols.
- Adherence to COVID safety plans – All schools and departments must continue to strictly adhere to their Safety Plans All existing preventative measures including physical distancing, hygiene, and mask recommendations remain in place;
- Masks required – Non-medical masks or face-coverings must be worn in all UFV spaces except if alone in your private office;
- Athletics – All athletics activity will return to early phase two guidelines, including no indoor activity and limitations on outdoor activity. All competition is suspended for two weeks as is interregional travel by sports teams;
- No social gatherings – No social gatherings of any size will be held – this replaces the previous order limiting events and social gatherings to 50 people or less; this applies to all UFV events;
For more information on UFV’s response to COVID-19 please check the UFV COVID-19 information hub.
Watch the briefing from Dr. Henry here.
Thank you all for your continued diligence in helping curb the spread of the coronavirus.