In order to continue limiting the spread of COVID-19, many faculty and staff will continue to teach and work primarily remotely and off campus where and when possible this fall.
If you are required to return to a UFV campus, please know UFV is committed to three key themes for this fall:
- Health — your health and safety are UFV’s number-one priority and the university will adhere to all Public Health Officer and BC Government recommendations.
- Quality — we will provide an excellent workplace environment and a high-quality educational experience for students. Here are eight ways UFV pans to keep students safe on campus this fall.
- Certainty — you will have certainty about how to safely attend campus and how education and services will be delivered
To keep these promises, we need your help.
If a department is considering bringing employees and/or students back to any campus, the department must complete the following steps (also available online here):
- Speak with your supervisor regarding returning to campus to work, and obtain his or her approval.
Supervisors – please complete the steps and process detailed here.
- You and your supervisor will develop a Workspace Safety Plan designed to keep you and the UFV community safe. Supervisors will have materials needed to complete this step.
- Complete the UFV COVID-19 Safety Orientation. This provides an overview of UFV’s overarching Exposure Control Plan, the Institutional Safety Plan, and general safe work procedures. You’ll receive a certificate indicating you have completed the orientation. Please send this to your supervisor via email before you return to UFV.
- Once you receive approval from your supervisor and you have reviewed the Workspace orientation with your supervisor, return to campus.
If you have questions about this process please email email@example.com.