The University of the Fraser Valley will host a panel discussion on the opioid crisis in the Fraser Valley on Wed, November 29, from 2 to 4 pm in its Abbotsford campus lecture theatre (Room B101). The public is welcome to attend.
The panel will feature:
- A representative from the Abbotsford Police Department
- Lesley Braithwaite, Supervisor, Addictions Centre, Abbotsford Community Services
- Bethany Jeal, Assistant Professor, UFV Nursing
- Jon Heidt, Assistant Professor, UFV Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Michele Giordano, Career Development Coordinator, UFV Criminology and Criminal Justice
The event is open to faculty, students, staff and the community. A question and answer session will follow the panel discussion.