Events like Town and Gown give UFV the opportunity to welcome our key supporters to campus and highlight the achievements of students, faculty, and alumni.
The event on Nov 15 is sold out. Community supporters snapped up more than 250 tickets to the event, where they will hear first-hand how UFV is having a positive impact on our community and in the lives of students.
The dinner will be held in the Student Union Building, and will also feature the two UFV Distinguished Alumni Award winners and an online silent auction using the Givergy app.
Proceeds contribute to UFV’s Changing Lives, Building Community Endowment — supporting scholarships for students who demonstrate superior scholastic achievement, leadership, and commitment to the community. Over the past two years, Town and Gown has raised more than $170,000 for student scholarships.
Town & Gown event highlights
- Words of thanks from students who have benefited from the generous support of donors
- A personal message of thanks from President Jackie Hogan
- Gourmet dinner in the Student Union Building on the Abbotsford campus
- Engaging conversations with influential business leaders from across the Valley
- Inspirational stories of UFV’s Distinguished Alumni Award Winners
- Silent auction of unique items and experiences.
As the university prepares for the event, students and employees will notice that the SUB is busier than usual, and some parts will be temporarily inaccessible.
“There will be some minor inconveniences in the SUB on Nov 14 and 15, but we hope everyone keeps in mind that we present the Town & Gown evening to benefit our students through improved community outreach and inspiring our supporters and donors to keep supporting UFV and consider increasing their support,” says Advancement director Sherri Magson.
Town & Gown is presented by Prospera Credit Union.
Platinum sponsors are MNP
and WestX + Xerox
Gold + sponsor
Volunteer Dinner sponsor
Save-on-Foods, Sumas Way