UFV hosted the B.C. Secondary Schools math contest for the 18th time on Fri, May 1. The event included 70 juniors and 54 seniors.
Contestants can win up to $2,400 each in UFV tuition waivers.
Junior Division (Grade 10 and under)
- Cavizshajan Skanthan, Meadowridge School
- Courtenay Chu, Pacific Academy
- Jiwon Min, Yale Secondary
- Yuki Shishido, Heritage Park Secondary
- Yiming Kuang, Abbotsford Senior Secondary
- HaoYu Zhou (Ryan Zhou), Meadowridge School
- Nikhil Vanukuru, Meadowridge School
Senior Division (Grade 12 and under)
- Eek Seung Lee (Ike Lee), Robert Bateman Secondary
- Sungil Ahn, Yale Secondary
- Yueran Ma, Heritage Park Secondary
- Shixuan Zhai (Jack Zhai), Meadowridge Secondary
- Joshua Kanaganayagam, Pacific Academy
- Mengqi Cen, Heritage Park Secondary
- Hyunkyoung Lee (Candy Lee), Pacific Academy
The Susan Milner Prize, awarded to the first student to successfully solve a complex puzzle found on the contest t-shirts, was given to Eek Seung Lee of Robert Bateman Seconday.