If you’re considering going to UFV this Fall, but haven’t applied yet, you should do so now. Most programs are accepting applications until July 26 to begin your studies this September. And if the program you want is full, you can still apply now for the January 2014 semester, or the program’s next available start date.
But even if you miss applying by July 26, some programs will continue accepting applications for this September. These include:
- Aboriginal Culture and Language Support diploma
- Associate of Arts in Theatre
- Bachelor of Arts in Adult Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Development Studies
- Data Analysis post-degree certificate
- Early Childhood Education diploma in Special Needs
- Early Childhood Education diploma in Infancy
- Fashion Design diploma
- Health Care Assistant certificate
- Master of Arts, Criminal Justice
- Modern Languages
- Theatre Arts diploma
- Floral Design certificate
- Developmental programs, including English as a Second Language (ESL), Adult Basic Education(ABE), and Workplace TASK.
- Vocational programs, trades, health sciences, continuing studies, aviation diploma, and agriculture programs use a continuous application process, and will continue to accept applications for the next intake with space available.
Once again, UFV’s enrolment is expected to exceed the government-funded target this year.
“UFV strives to offer the best undergraduate education in Canada, and it shows. Demand for a student seat at our institution is very high,” says Dr. Eric Davis, UFV Provost and Vice-President Academic. “We are committed to accepting as many students as is feasible, while ensuring they can receive the support services they may need, and can get into the courses they want in a timely manner.”
“And in terms of student seats, we over-deliver,” adds Davis. “We admit more students than we receive government funding for, but we keep that from exceeding 105 percent. In order to ensure UFV remains the first choice for post-secondary studies in the Fraser Valley, we cap admission for some of our programs to maintain a quality experience for students.”
For more information on applying to UFV, visit ufv.ca/future-students.