It’s all about making connections.
UFV will be hosting its annual career fair on Wednesday, March 7, and organizer So Jeon of the UFV Career Centre is inviting students to expand their horizons when thinking about potential employers.
“We really want students to visit a variety of companies and organizations as they tour the booths and displays,” she notes. “Regardless of what you are studying, you will be surprised by the various career paths available in different companies that may require your skills. The research and critical thinking skills you gain in your studies are transferrable to a number of fields.”
These are tough economic times and it’s harder to get a job than it used to be, but Jeon says that makes it even more important to come out and network at the Career Fair.
“You never know where your next summer job or your first career job will come from. The more connections you make, the more you get your name and resume out there, the better the chances that you’ll succeed in finding the right fit for you.”
The Career Fair runs in the UFV Envision Athletic Centre from 2 to 6 pm on Wed, March 7. Members of the public and UFV alumni are invited to attend. Admission is free.
Participants are also invited to take part in special Ignite Your Interview Skills one-on-one mock interview sessions from 2:30 to 5 pm.
Current students who register for the Career Fair ahead of time have the chance to win an iPad. https://www.ufv.ca/Jobs/Career_Fair/Registration_2012.htm
Questions? Call the Career Centre at 604.854.4507.
Employee exhibitors come from a range of industries including the financial sector, community and social services, criminal justice, agriculture, health and fitness, and business (newly added exhibitors in green)
- Abbotsford Community Services
- Abbotsford Police Department
- Adler School of Professional Psychology
- Aldergrove Credit Union
- Arbonne International
- BC Corrections
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Budget Rent a Car of B.C. Ltd.
- Cactus Club Cafe
- Canadian Cancer Society — BC & Yukon Division
- The Centre for Epilepsy & Seizure Education
- Certified General Accountants Association of BC
- Certified Management Accountants of BC
- Chartered Accountants Association of BC
- Cintas Canada
- Cnawlece Incorporated
- Communitas Supportive Care
- Correctional Service of Canada
- Costco Wholesale
- Cultus Lake Waterpark
- The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver
- Farm Credit Canada
- Fraser Health
- GoodLife Fitness
- Hess Education Canada
- HUB International Insurance Brokers
- Innovative Fitness
- Insurance Institute — Career Connections
- Investors Group Financial
- Langbroek, Louwerse & Thiessen LLP
- Ministry for Children and Family Development
- MNP LLP
- Options Community Services Society
- Prospera Centre
- Prospera Credit Union
- PRT Growing Services Ltd.
- RBC Royal Bank of Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Ritchie Smith Feeds, Inc.
- Service Canada
- SFU Beedie School of Business
- Simon Fraser University – Surrey Campus
- Soprema Incorporated
- South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority Police (Transit Police)
- St. John Ambulance
- Sun Life Financial
- TD Canada Trust
- Tutor Doctor
- UBC Master of Management
- UBC Sauder School of Business, Diploma in Accounting Program
- Vancouver Fire & Rescue Services
- Vector Marketing
- VersaCold Group / EV Logistics
- West Coast College of Massage Therapy
The silver sponsor for the Career Fair is the Certified General Accountants Association of BC.
Campus partners include the Student Union Society, CIVL Radio, and Infinite Marketing, a group of business administration students that helped marketing for the event.