Class cancellations for Jan 18

10:30 a.m. UPDATE: UFV is closing all locations as of 1 p.m.  All classes with a start time of 11:30 a.m. or later are cancelled.

11 Responses to Class cancellations for Jan 18

1. Judy Larsen January 18, 2012 at 8:36 am #

Further Class Cancellations:
    Judy Larsen: Math 062/053/062/063/075/076 9:00am and 5:30pm, and Math 084 1:00pm Chwk D110

2. Stephanie Kelly January 18, 2012 at 9:19 am #

All dental hygiene classes and clinic cancelled today, January 18th.

3. julia January 18, 2012 at 9:52 am #

the abbotsford aerospace centre should be shut, the way the snow is blowing around, it will get worse as the day goes on and getting home could be an issue.

4. Carly January 18, 2012 at 10:12 am #

There are roads actually being closed because of whiteout conditions in Chilliwack and there are still power outages. Why is campus still open?

• Jackson January 18, 2012 at 10:19 am #

I attempted to get to Chilliwack campus only to get stuck in the snow banks twice before I left my neighborhood. Chilliwack campus should be closed.

5. Bryan January 18, 2012 at 10:23 am #

In Chwk there are several roads experiencing major drifting. According to the radio, people have gotten themselves stuck and have abandoned their cars. As a result, snow plows cannot do their jobs. Apparently white out conditions on highway as well.

Why would campuses be open today? Opening Campuses and then giving students the choice of whether to go or not is not fair (assuming the individual class is not cancelled). If you go, you risk injury. If you don”t go, you risk falling behind and missing important class lecture material.

• Jen January 18, 2012 at 10:37 am #

I COMPLETELY agree!

6. Anony Mous January 18, 2012 at 10:37 am #

@ Bryan:

I think it”s a matter of “oh crap we should have been open yesterday because it was a nice day out so we”ll open campus today to make up for it even if weather and road conditions are worse” kind of thing

• Jvc January 18, 2012 at 11:56 am #

That is exactly what has happened. I decided not to go this morning, and I spoke to my prof who did go but said that she thinks it should have been closed.

7. m January 18, 2012 at 12:24 pm #

Hello, all campuses will be closed by 1:00 today so no school.

8. Roger January 18, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

I hope that ufv can make a decision earlier about closures. Rather then posting that schools are open, only to find out while driving to school that they have been closed. Very frustrating that we attempt to make the dangerous drive there only to find out that its closed. I”d rather the schools be more cautious of there students and just close schools unless all roads are clear to travel on.

Thanks,