Call for proposals for UFV’s Professional Development Day
Mon, May 5
Sponsored by UFV’s Teaching and Learning Centre
If you’re doing something fantastic in your job or in your classroom – please share it! We invite proposals for active and engaging presentations, hands-on workshops, teaching demonstrations, round-table discussions, or panel presentations for our next PD Day on April 29, 2014. Possible topics can include those listed below, but if you have something else you’d like to share, please send it to us. All faculty and staff are welcome to submit a proposal.
Can you share something on:
• Low Stakes/High Stakes Writing Tasks
• The “gameification” of learning
• Teaching creativity
• Nurturing critical thinking and writing in hybrid and on-line courses
• Learning journals
• Using the flipped classroom to increase student engagement with course content
• To Rubric or Not to Rubric
• Smart marking: giving good feedback and efficient feedback on student writing
• Leading effective class discussion
• Capstone Courses/Portfolio Development and Writing
• Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Proposal format: Please submit a one-page proposal explaining the type of presentation you have in mind, including a brief outline, how much time you require, and how you will engage the participants.
Please send your proposal to Ruby Ord at firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 28.