Once again a group of UFV students are having the experience of a lifetime by spending several weeks interacting with school children in Antigua through the Champions for Health Promoting Schools project. Led by Dr. Joanna Sheppard of the Kinesiology and Physical Education department, the group is comprised mostly of KPE students, but this year [...]
The region’s best and brightest young mathematical minds set to work at the University of the Fraser Valley’s annual B.C. Secondary Schools Math Contest recently. More than $14,000 in scholarship money was up for grabs, with 146 students representing 26 schools — an increase over last year’s 108 students from 19 schools. When the eraser [...]
The new Canada Education Park campus at the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) has risen above the international competition to be named “Best in class: University Building” by the World Architecture News (WAN) Education Awards. In fact, the Stantec-designed project was the only award winner from the Americas in 2013. “It’s a tremendous honour [...]
After four semesters together, UFV’s Painting IV class invites you to an evening of large art in a rather small gallery. Each painting is 4×5 feet in size. The works vary in theme and artistic vision, including a range of subjects from porcelain kitten figurines to rappers of the ‘80s. The students invite you to [...]
Denver Nixon and Christina Neudorf are UFV pioneers. The duo, who both recently earned their PhDs (aka doctorates), are the first post-doctoral research fellows to work at UFV. Both working under the supervision of Geography professors at UFV, Nixon with Lenore Newman and Neudorf with Olav Lian. A post-doctoral fellow is an individual holding a [...]
As far as working relationships go, you could say UFV’s connection to Ipex is as solid as a cast iron pipe. Or better yet, XFR. Don’t worry if you don’t know the latter, it’s still new in the plumbing world — but it could be coming into walls and floors around you following a study [...]
For anyone new to academia, there’s a bit of confusion and trepidation. Why do the professors wear those gowns at Convocation? How do you know when and where to apply for a scholarship? What’s a graduate degree? For Aboriginal students, the gap between their worldview and mainstream academic culture can be even wider. Throw in [...]
UFV Institutional Learning Outcomes The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), located on traditional Sto:lo territory, recognizes and respects Indigenous ways of knowing. UFV is committed to providing our communities with a variety of high-quality, student-centred programs that honour diversity and foster a passion for learning. Each UFV graduate possesses the following abilities and, therefore, [...]
Departments and Categories
- Champions for Health receive government kudos in Antigua May 17, 2013
- Top young math minds compete for $14,400 in UFV scholarships May 17, 2013
- Stantec brings home international honours for UFV project at Canada Education Park May 17, 2013
- Too Many Big Paintings for such a small space May 17, 2013
- UFV hosts its first ever post-doctoral fellows May 16, 2013
- UFV Theatre department announces new season April 3, 2013
- UFV to host human trafficking and slavery awareness event March 22, 2013
- 25- and 35-year employees honoured at tribute dinner April 22, 2013
- UFV celebrates Jean Scott’s 101st birthday, scholarship April 22, 2013
- UFV connections to provincial election are many and varied April 25, 2013
- no regrets: I'm now not positive where you are getting your i...
- Lyle: My partner and I absolutely love your blog and fin...
- location appartement guadeloupe particulier: Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of thi...
- independant mortgage brokers: Add garlic, ginger, red bell pepper, and pepper fl...
- foster: I like it...
UFV on Flickr
Follow @goufv on Twitter