UFV Human Resources is pleased to announce that all faculty and staff who are working remotely will now be able to use their professional development funds to purchase essential home office equipment.
This means for fiscal year 2020-21 you can purchase:
- Computers to be used for remote work
- Computer Peripheral Devices: printers, scanners, docking stations and web cameras required for remote work
- Office Desks required for remote work
- Office Chairs required for remote work
- Tablets, iPads (for teaching faculty only)
- Only those faculty and staff working remotely will be approved for funding.
- Normal PD application process is followed. Submit a PD application, purchase your items, and then submit a PD expense claim with receipts for reimbursement for the items you have purchased.
- Usual criteria for approval will apply.
- Purchases made within this category are considered a taxable benefit.
- Not eligible for two years of funding.
This is separate from the Training and Development Allowance that permanent faculty and staff can use towards the purchase of technology and Internet expenses.
All Faculty and staff (including sessional, LTA, and temporary staff) are able to access up to $1,500 per fiscal year. If you work less than full-time, the amount will be prorated based on your contract hours. For full details on the Professional development requirements and approval process please visit the HR Professional Development site.