Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC’s entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
We currently have an exciting Full Time opportunity as a Community Health Specialist (Multi-site) in our Population and Public Health department located in Chilliwack, British Columbia.
Build on your education and career experience as you:
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate local population health approaches that address the behavioral risk factors, such as tobacco reduction, food security, healthy weights, and physical activity and health inequities that contribute to chronic diseases;
- Utilize a planning framework that integrates community empowerment into traditional health promotion activities;
- Engage and motivate a broad range of internal and external stakeholders for furthering a population health approach
To join our team you will have:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Applied Science, or related field
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience, including program evaluation experience with a focus on facilitating integrated approaches to community health and well-being.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for work purposes.
Work with an experienced and dedicated team and join our commitment to provide quality care to our clients.