CSCL, in partnership with the community, builds capacity for the inclusion and belonging of people with varying abilities. We promote diversity and provide innovative, individualized services that enhance quality of life. Our vision is for a community that welcomes and includes everyone! We will be a centre of excellence that inspires belonging, connection and community.
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? If yes, we have an opportunity for you! Chilliwack Society for Community Living is looking for a Community Living Support Worker!
We are looking for individuals from a variety of backgrounds in the Mental Health and Social Services sector. These include: Human Services/Social Services/Mental Health, Community Support Worker/Education Assistant, and Health Care Assistant/Care Aide Backgrounds.
Why you should work for CSCL:
- Wage: $20.52 – $23.90 per hour
- This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
- On Call/Casual – Various shifts including days, evenings, nights and
- Casual positions have the possibility of leading to part-time or full-time positions (which include benefits such as Extended Health and Dental as well as participation in the Municipal Pension Plan, when )
- Recipient of the Canadian Non Profit Employer of Choice Award (neoc.ca) in 2017, 2018, 2019
What you’ll do as the Community Living Support Worker:
- The primary function of this position is to provide meaningful, personalized support for individuals in their home and community.
- Candidates with different areas of expertise will work with individuals who need support from that specific background to ensure they are getting the best possible care.
- Perform safe transferring techniques and participate in all aspects of recreation and leisure activities (e.g. swimming).
- Promote and support Individual rights and facilitate meaningful community inclusion.
- Facilitate ongoing learning opportunities for personal growth and development of the individual.
- Facilitate opportunities for the development of personal relationships.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of personalized plans.
- Promote Positive Behaviour Supports and effective communication.