Agassiz-Harrison Community Services Society
The Youth Outreach & Recreation Worker provides opportunities for the personal and social connections and development of youth. The Youth Outreach Worker will work as part of a team to engage youth in programming and develop fun recreational and educational activities for youth as per an established contract for youth services. The focus is on a holistic approach of outreach, advocacy, prevention, and intervention, creating a positive atmosphere that promotes healthy lifestyles, self-esteem, and mental wellness. There is a youth justice component included in this position, when referrals are received to provide supervision to youth who are required to complete community work service hours as a condition of a court order. Other duties include preparing nutritional meals, facilitating life skills groups and other identified workshops, crafts, homework club, and recruiting youth ambassadors and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, criminology, or other related science field.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in the social sector is
- Human development and ability to work with vulnerable youth and
- Ability to facilitate life skills training and reinforcement of positive peer
- Intervention techniques involving issues of physical, sexual and substance
- Interpersonal counselling/mediation/mentorship; working together with community partners, caregivers, and other program staff, e.g. therapists, social
- Facilitate the development and implementation of recreational sport
- Oral and written communications, leadership, and time-management.
We ask that you please submit a cover letter with your resume, describing why you would be the best candidate for this position.
Hours of work: 25 hours per week; work hours are negotiable
Hourly Pay rate:$22.00 with benefits after three months
Probation period: 6 months
Closing date: When position has been filled
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest.
For more details please Agassiz-Harrison Community Services Society