The Chilliwack Society for Community Living (CSCL) offers more than a job. Located in Chilliwack, BC, in the beautiful Fraser Valley an hour outside of Vancouver, CSCL has been serving the community since 1954 and has grown to employ over 330 people. Our organization serves people with varying abilities, providing supports that enhance quality of life and promote diversity and community inclusion.
CSCL values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of respect, caring & trust. Our organization also values caring and dedicated employees; if this describes you, we welcome your application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Vocational Counsellor finds vocational opportunities for individuals referred to the program by CLBC. This includes:
- Completing a formal intake process for each individual, conducting an assessment of skills and interests, developing Individual Employment Plans, and writing structured Training Plans.
- Delivering pre-employment training specific to individual needs.
- Developing work experience opportunities, supporting job search, job-matching, on the job training and transportation training.
- Monitoring of placements, facilitating a variety of relationships (ie: employer, peer, staff).
- Promoting Job Club and other larger group activities related to Supported Employment.
- Job marketing and networking with community service organizations to promote the Supported Employment Program.
- Daily use of a personal vehicle, which meets CSCL standards for individual transportation. Job location/work sites will be variable.
How to Apply:
Submit a Cover Letter and Resume using the information below
Please quote posting number 20-021 on the application. Resumes alone will not be considered.
Visit our website for the complete posting and details.