Based on referrals from MCFD in the Fraser Cascades area (Agassiz and Hope), Bravelight Youth Services provides short and long term placement services, including emergency shelter for youths ages 11 – 18.
Auxiliary/Casual live-in positions available (compensated on 24 hour basis)
– Working with and mentoring children and youth who have been impacted by family crisis
– Working with children and youth with many challenges including possible behavioural challenges.
– Assessing youth’s relevant skill strengths and developmental needs
– Developing positive and supportive relationships with referred clients and other significant figures in the child/youth’s life- Liaise with MCFD, other professionals and health care providers involved with youth using collaborative practice.
– Plan, implement and evaluate service plan goals- Identifying and utilize appropriate community resources and programs as part of a goal oriented plan
– Advocate on behalf of clients when appropriate
– Maintain accurate, confidential case notes
Additional Duties: Housekeeping activities, yard maintenance, food preparation, transportation
– Minimum Two years of post secondary education or training in child/youth care or a combination of education and experience working with at risk youth.
– Standard First Aid certificate
– Criminal record check is required(Provided by agency)
– Valid Driver’s License
– Reliable vehicle with 3 million liability and business insurance.
Above average wages
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time