Primarily focused on family therapy, you will work with individuals and couples to explore and improve family relationships and dynamics. You will facilitate understanding and modification of maladaptive coping strategies and behaviours. The ideal candidate would be experienced in trauma informed therapy, and addictions.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Masters Level Graduate degree in a counselling discipline; RCC or RCSW
- Mental Health Experience and certification in Emotion Focused Family Therapy is an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of child protection procedures and MCFD
- Minimum of two years demonstrated experience with clinical counselling, individual, children, couples, family, assessments, and clinical report writing.
- Thorough knowledge of family dynamics and presenting issues such as, domestic violence, addictions, trauma and abuse, attachment, mental health disorders.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, organization and establishing collaborative working relationships with clients and other professionals
Helping People, Changing Lives, Building Community.
Mission Community Services Society builds inclusive and healthy partnerships and supports and empowers people to become contributing members of our community.
- We are professionals conducting ourselves with integrity and objectivity.
- We are compassionate and caring.
- We accept responsibility and are accountable for our actions.
- We respect every person
Type: Permanent 28 hours per week
Wage: ($35.16-$41.00) * rate based on experience
If you are interested in career like this with a great organization, please submit your resume and cover letter (saved as one Word document) referencing FDRP- 2020-01 on all documents including the email subject line – by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5pm on March 15, 2020.