A hands-on role helping children and youth in your community
Salary $65,884.61 – $75,147.62 annually
This posting may remain open until the position is filled. This posting may be open for up to 6 months with the Closing Date being added 2 weeks prior to the scheduled Closing Date. There is currently 1 vacancy in Lillooet. Relocation expenses may be provided.
Students and other applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered but at a lower classification. If hired, you would be under-implemented at the Social Program Officer 21 classification with an employee development plan in place until the qualifications for Social Program Officer (CYMH) 25 are fully met.
Child and Youth Mental Health Clinicians provide direct clinical services to Children and Youth and their families including Intake, Assessment, Treatment, Suicide Risk Assessment, Safety Plans and Crisis Intervention for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Children and Youth from birth to age 18. Clinicians work in flexible ways, including in home, school and community settings. Through consultation, the CYMH Clinician will build and maintain relationships to support coordinated services and positive outcomes for children, youth and families.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s in Social Work, Educational Counselling, Clinical Psychology, Child and Youth Care or comparable Graduate Degree at the Master’s level or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year full-time equivalent experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Must possess and maintain a valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s license
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
- 2 years or more of experience working with children and youth and their families, with responsibility for providing a wide range of community based mental health services.
- Experience in Childhood Mental Health.
- Who have Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience.
For more information and to apply, please go to: