Recreation Instructor Job Posting – Club K.I.D.S Instructor
Contract Positions: Programmer, Assistant, Support Worker
Posting closes: open until filled
We are looking for responsible, enthusiastic individuals who love kids! Club K.I.D.S. is an after-school recreation program for children aged 5 – 12 years. The Club K.I.D.S. program currently runs out of ten elementary schools in Mission and runs Monday-Friday from class dismissal time to 6:00pm. Each day, children engage in a variety of physical and creative activities.
We are looking for the following positions: Programmer, Assistant and Support Worker.
A variety of shifts are available, from on call to 5 days a week.
Wages range from $16-$19 per hour.
Program instructors are responsible for:
• Ensuring the overall safety, supervision, and enjoyment of all program participants.
• Coordinating and implementing developmentally appropriate physical and creative activities.
• Communicating with program participants, parents, assistant instructors and coordinator.
• Administration duties relating to the program daybook.
The successful applicants will have the following competencies:
• Direct experience planning, preparing, leading and instructing school age children
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated initiative, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to adapt to changing needs of the program and/or participants
• Sound judgment in safety standards
• Should be comfortable with swimming and skating in addition to general recreational activities for children
The successful applicant must:
• Be at least 19 years of age
• Have current Standard First Aid, or obtained within 30 days of hire
• 20 hours of ‘Responsible Adult’ training (coursework specifically related to children’s development, guidance, nutrition and/or first aid), or obtained within 30 days of hire
• Available at least 2 days a week between 2:00-6:00pm Monday – Friday
• BCRPA High Five Certification would be an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter ‘Attention: Nicole Spooner’. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.