Temporary Vocational Counsellor (Posting # 19-181)
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? The Chilliwack Society for Community Living (CSCL) provides support and services to people with varying abilities, which enhance quality of life and promote diversity and inclusion within the community. CSCL offers more than a job.
Located in Chilliwack, BC, in the sunny Fraser Valley, an hour outside of Vancouver, CSCL has been serving the community since 1954 and employ more than 300 people. Come work and live in Chilliwack where you can enjoy affordable housing, minimal traffic, and spectacular mountain views.
CSCL is a rapidly growing organization, with a positive work environment and generous benefits (If you have been employed by a CSSEA member employer, you may be eligible for porting of wage and vacation).
CSCL values caring and dedicated employees; if this describes you, we welcome your application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Supports include an emphasis on life skills and employment readiness, with a focus on increased independence in community. Will work independently and as part of a small team, supporting individuals to increase independence, daily living skills, and job skills. Applicants
must meet the unique support requirements of individuals, liaise with professionals as directed and have the ability to support youth/families in transition.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience supporting Youth (17 – 24 years of age), Families in transition and working with School District personnel.
• Knowledge about the Supported Employment Model.
• Great communication skills are a necessity (oral & written).
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks is a necessity.
• Must be able to work independently and efficiently and be self-directed.
• Being organized is vital.
• Able to represent CSCL professionally as interactions with community members and other professionals is a function of this position (i.e. public speaking and presentations).
• Must be able to create lesson plans, based on needs of Youth, for the Youth attending pre-employment classes.
• Must have group facilitation skills and the ability to facilitate to an audience with varied abilities.
• Possessing strong computer skills is essential.
• Must have a positive and pleasant work attitude.
• Must possess a Class 5 Driver’s License and have a reliable vehicle , First Aid/CPR Certification, Caring About Food Safety, and be able to meet all other CSCL employment criteria (i.e. Criminal Record Check clearance, Doctor’s Certificate of Good Health, etc.)
Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, but must remain flexible based on support needs. (40 hours per week.)
This position is temporary until 12/31/2020, or upon return of incumbent.
As per Community Social Services Collective Agreement ($20.79 – $24.21 per hour).
Benefits include Extended Health and Dental, as well as participation in the Municipal Pension Plan, when eligible.
This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
How to Apply:
To be considered for an interview, complete an online CSCL Employment Application, and submit a copy of a valid Class 5 or 4 BC driver’s license.
Our online application is available on the CSCL website:
Please quote posting number 19-181 on the application.
The other pre-hire documentation that is required may be submitted either before or after an interview.
Please be aware that the function to attach pre-hire documents to the online application has not been implemented.
Submit pre-hire documents either by:
In Person: 9353 Mary Street Chilliwack, BC V2P 4G9
RESUMES ALONE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED