Community Living Support Worker (Posting # 19-187)
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding employment? Do you want to make a difference and build connections within your community? The Chilliwack Society for Community Living (CSCL) provides support and services to people with varying abilities, which enhance quality of life and promote diversity and inclusion within the community. CSCL offers more than a job.
Located in Chilliwack, BC, in the sunny Fraser Valley, an hour outside of Vancouver, CSCL has been serving the community since 1954 and employ more than 300 people. Come work and live in Chilliwack where you can enjoy affordable housing, minimal traffic, and spectacular mountain views.
CSCL is a rapidly growing organization, with a positive work environment and generous benefits (If you have been employed by a CSSEA member employer, you may be eligible for porting of wage and vacation).
CSCL values caring and dedicated employees; if this describes you, we welcome your application.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary function of this position is to provide meaningful, personalized support to an individual in their home and community.
Note: There will be another staff member that the successful candidate will be working with at all times.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Must have experience with complex behaviour, health needs, and mental health.
• Must have demonstrated skills in the area of positive behavioral support.
• Must be physically able to meet the demands of the job.
• A positive and pleasant work attitude, effective communication skills and a solid understanding of consistent work practices are essential.
• This position will require continued training and working closely with external professionals.
• Must possess a Class 5 Driver’s License, First Aid/CPR Certification, Caring About Food Safety, and be able to meet all other CSCL employment criteria (i.e. Criminal Record Check clearance, Doctor’s Certificate of Good Health, etc.)
(32 hours per week.)
As per Community Social Services Collective Agreement ($19.45 – $22.65 per hour).
Benefits include Extended Health and Dental, as well as participation in the Municipal Pension Plan, when eligible.
This position requires Union membership (BCGEU).
How to Apply:
To be considered for an interview, complete an online CSCL Employment Application, and submit a copy of a valid Class 5 or 4 BC driver’s license.
Our online application is available on the CSCL website:
Please quote posting number 19-187 on the application.
The other pre-hire documentation that is required may be submitted either before or after an interview.
Please be aware that the function to attach pre-hire documents to the online application has not been implemented.
Submit pre-hire documents either by:
In Person: 9353 Mary Street Chilliwack, BC V2P 4G9
RESUMES ALONE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED