Research Analyst (Four month contract)
Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Community Services’ Restorative Justice Program is seeking a researcher – analyst to develop a comprehensive risk assessment tool for the purposes of identifying youth who at risk to offend. The goal of this project is to assist in strengthening program delivery for youth support through our Community Service programs as well as our local community youth-serving community agencies. The assessment tool(s) will equip service providers with the necessary resources (resource guide) to identify youth at high risk to offend and better education how best to help these youth.
- Assesses needs within the community by conducting individual and/or focus group interviews with community partners including RCMP; Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Youth Wellness Centre, School District 42 staff/administrators, Katzie First Nations, non-profit youth serving providers, etc.
- Meet with Program Director or designate at periodic intervals to update on progress of findings;
- Conducts a literature search including an inventory of existing community assessment tools;
- Exploration of Protective and Vulnerability factors;
- Develops front line worker user friendly youth-at-risk assessment measurement tool;
- Host community service-provider engagement sessions;
- Provides report out and presentation of research findings and;
- Develops User Guide for community partner use.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, public health, criminology or related discipline with excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, along with 2 years of professional experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with well-developed presentation skills;
- Highly motivated and self-managing;
- Highly organized;
- Ability to work independently;
- Team player and able to manage relationships with key stakeholders
Conditions of Employment Contract:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to use own vehicle to drive to community offices;
- Must be able to provide home office
- Project deliverables must be completed by January 30, 2020
Please submit cover letter and resume describing your experience and salary expectations for this contract by September 19th to firstname.lastname@example.org