- Have passion for helping children and youth create an increased social and emotional well being?
- Want to broaden your resume by adding co-curricular credit for your volunteer service?
- Want free EQ training?
The Building Social Emotional Resiliency in Children (BSER)Program is recruiting Adult volunteers who will function as Mentors to help oversee the teaching and building of social emotional resiliency among children and youth through mental wellness activities in the Chilliwack School District. The program aims to teach inner school elementary school aged children social, emotional and mental wellness strategies through a multi-layered mentorship model.
- 2-3 hours per week during one school day for approx. 5 months
- 1 Saturday in September for training
- Drivers licence, drivers abstract and criminal record check
Full training, education, guidance and ongoing supervision is provided to mentors in the program to help them feel equipped and build skill and confidence in acting as mentors themselves to high school students and elementary school students. This program has helped students not only get training, experience and the opportunity to make valuable contacts, but it has been described by many as personally fulfilling.
For more info please contact;
Chelsea Pilling, MA, RCC