Job Posting Full-time Social Worker
Comprehensive Benefit Package-BC Public Service Pension Plan
Our vision is that we are all somebody’s 7th generation. We are working collaboratively to facilitate opportunities for our children, families and communities to achieve their full potential and realize a healthy quality of life through the implementation of our laws, jurisdiction, and our ancestral beliefs, values and teachings. Scw’exmx Child and Family Services Society (SCFSS) has been providing child protection and support services to the Nicola Valley (Merritt, B.C.) since 1994.
Scw’exmx Child and Family Services Society (SCFSS) is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join our team as a Social Worker. As an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Social Worker will provide culturally appropriate services and information which enhance the relationships and wellness of children and families who are experiencing significant challenges, in the Merritt area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to handle crisis and crisis intervention
- Ability to handle unpleasant and emotionally charged situations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of social, economic, political and historical concerns in Aboriginal communities
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively use standard computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or similar field is preferred
- Must have, or be eligible for, C6 delegation
- Minimum one-year social work experience preferred however encourage new graduates to apply or
- Minimum one-year experience with First Nations families, youth, children and families
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal and Provincial legislation and standards of practice
- Experience working with Aboriginal communities
- A valid BC class 5 driver’s license and criminal record check are mandatory
Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
Your interest in contributing as part of our team at a great organization begins with submitting your cover letter and resume as one document saved as (your last name resume SW August 2019) before August 29, 2019 with the email or fax subject line as “Applying to SW August 2019” to: email@example.com
Attn: Kyra Mason, Acting Executive Director
2975 Clapperton Ave. Merritt, B.C. V1K 1G2
Tel: (250) 378-2771 • Fax: (250) 378-2799
Scw’exmx Child & Family Services Society thanks all those who apply, however, only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.