Infant / Child Development Consultant
Infant / Child Development – Abbotsford, British Columbia
The Fraser Valley Child Development Centre is community based organization providing innovative, strength based, family centered services to children and their families. Our work focuses on child development – supporting, advocating, and empowering children and families. Services are delivered in a culture of excellence, diversity, and respect, with a focus on positive outcomes for each child, their families, our staff and our community. We believe in “Helping Kids Shine”.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Infant Development Program, this position is responsible for all aspects of caseload management by utilizing clinically accepted procedures to assess, plan and carry out infant and child development services.
Degree in an area related to early childhood development.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the early childhood development
- Training and experience in working with families
- Class V BC Driver’s License
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Strong understanding of early childhood development
- Demonstrated knowledge of family centered practice.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and facilitate workshops, meetings, groups etc.
- Access to reliable vehicle.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position
Wage range from $29.63 to $36.93 per hour as per HSA Health Science Professionals Collective Agreement and includes a generous benefits package.
“We are dedicated to strengthening the well-being, growth and participation of children, youth and their families through innovative evidence-based child development services.”