House Parent/Youth Residential Worker/Caregiver (Langley, Maple Ridge,Mission, Abbotsford)
We are currently looking for caregivers to provide day to day care for children and youth in residential homes. You would be working with children/youth with behavioral,mental health issues or develepmental disabilities in a home setting on live-in basis. The positions available are fulltime, part time and on call positions, (sleeping at night). Working in the past with level III children in the care of the Ministry of Children and Family in a residential setting is a definite asset.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a safe environment for the child/youth and tend to the child’s well- being (material, physical, emotional and disciplinary needs)
- Teach child/youth life skills and how to relate in a socially appropriate manner
- Ensure child/youths’ physical needs are being met – preparing meals, personal hygiene, administrating and documenting all medications.
- Write reports – daily logs & incident reports (as needed)
- Carry out household duties – meal preparation and household cleaning
- Accompany child/youth to appointments, recreational activities and community outings
The incumbent must also posses:
- Valid BC driver license
- Criminal Record Check
- Good communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Criminal Record Check will be required