Employment Case Manager
35 Hours – Temporary Position
June 12, 2017 – August 12, 2017 with potential extension
Develops and implements Case Management activities in the WorkBC Employment Center in accordance with Provincial Government Policy. Completes administrative tasks using the Provincial Government Integrated Case Management system (ICM).
** Due to the temporary nature of this position all applicants must have experience working in ICM.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Diploma in a related human / social service field; and Career Development Practitioner Certificate.
- Experience with ICM (for this 8 week position)
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Job Skills & Abilities
- Plans, develops, and implements the Employment Services Centre program and services that align with Provincial Government Policy in consultation with the Program Director.
- Maintain client service and records in accordance with Provincial Government Policy and Agency Policy.
- Completes an in-depth needs assessment and various skills assessments to determine to clients employment skills, job readiness, social skills, life skills, and daily living skills.
- Create a comprehensive action plan with client.
- Completes various training, wage subsidy, self-employment and other required packages based on client action plan in accordance with Provincial Government Policy
- Connect with, monitor and consult with other service providers: Self- employment, Amber Education (training) etc.; and including the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation. Monitor client progress while in other interventions such as training programs, self-employment programs and completing all necessary follow up and documentation required.
- Provides direction, guidance, and case conferencing to with other service providers and community employers
- Input and maintain client information in various databases including the Provincial Integrated Case Management Database.
- Maintains the various Employment Services Centre’s related records and statistics and produces reports as required.
- Develop and prepares instructional objectives, lesson plans, teaching aids and materials for 1-1 or group workshops, which conform to the program curriculum
- Teaches skills and/or knowledge to clients in a 1-1 or classroom setting.
- Promotes public awareness of and support for the program by performing duties such as producing promotional materials and attending community events.
- Liaises with community service providers, community employers and other professionals to coordinate service provision, facilitate referrals to the program and represent the organization of program in external events.
- Monitors client expenditures and maintains financial records in accordance with established procedures and Provincial Government Policy.
- Wage Rates as per the Collective Agreement – Grid 14
- Wage $22.93 per hour
- This position requires union membership.
- This position requires a successful completion of a criminal record check.
- This position reports to the WorkBC Program Coordinator
Please mention the name of the job position you are applying for in your cover letter. NO phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Matt Lutz, HR Coordinator
Chilliwack Community Services
45938 Wellington Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 2C7
Fax: 604 792-6575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 noon – May 17, 2017