Recreation Activity Worker
Temporary until March 2, 2018 – 10 hours per week
Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates community-based recreational, social and/or educational activities in collaboration with the Recreation Program Coordinator and Community Partners.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Human Services or Recreation Certificate and six (6) months recent related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability of child and youth engagement and youth leadership.
- Demonstrated ability in group facilitation and children and youth recreation groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and facilitate recreation programs for children and youth that include sports, arts, drama and a variety of activities to meet the diverse needs of the youth in our community.
- Provides skill building to clients through a focused strength-based, client centered approach to recreation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with community partners.
- Class 5 required, Class 4 license unrestricted a strong asset
- First Aid and CPR C
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop, implement and deliver recreational programming in collaboration with the Recreation Coordinator. Programing to include sports, arts, drama, outdoor education and other unique programs to meet the needs of the community children and youth.
- To work directly with groups of children and youth during recreation, arranging focus groups and engaging youth in the community to participate, develop and attend programs.
- Makes recommendations to the Recreation Coordinator regarding program development, policy and procedures formulations and program evaluation.
- Work with selected volunteers.
- To increase community awareness and understanding of youth issues and to encourage the development of community support systems and resolution of issues.
- Maintains records and statistics and produces reports as required using agency databases and other computer programs.
- To participate in team, agency, and other liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Wage Rates as per the Collective Agreement – Grid 8, $16.73 per hour
- This position is open to all persons.
- This position requires union membership.
- This position requires a successful completion of a criminal record check.
- This position reports to the Youth Services Coordinator
Please mention the name of the job position you are applying for in your cover letter. NO phone calls. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Matt Lutz, Human Resources Coordinator
Chilliwack Community Services
45938 Wellington Avenue, Chilliwack, BC V2P 2C7
Fax: 604-792-6575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: May 17, 2017 at 12:00PM