Abbotsford Restorative Justice and Advocacy Association (ARJAA)
Repair Restore Rebuild Transform
Seeking Responsible Volunteer Youth Mentors
- Matches responsible adults with at-risk youth referred to our agency by Abbotsford Police Department and/or Abbotsford School District.
The Role of a Mentor:
- A positive, reliable, and supportive role model.
- Engages youth in pro-social activities and building positive relationships.
- Supports life choices and community connections for a preferred future.
Why be a Mentor?
- Make a difference in a young person’s life.
- Front line experience working with youth, schools, and the justice system.
- Learn valuable communication skills.
- 19 years or older – Commit to a minimum of 6 hrs. per. month for 1 yr.
- Pass and maintain Abbotsford Police Department security clearance.
- Submit and maintain a clean driving record
- Complete and pass ARJAA’s application and screening process.
- Mentoring Training and attend volunteer check- ins and development evenings.
- Demonstrate responsible and respectful deportment in areas of sociocultural diversity.
(Application Period is from March 31, 2017 to April 30, 2017)
More information on volunteer opportunities?
Contact our office at 604-864-4857
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.arjaa.org
“Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story.” – Josh Shipp