Tabor Village is a Christian Community of care with 4 facilities available for our seniors.
The Tabor Manor provides Independent Living accommodations, the Tabor Court for
Assisted Living needs and Tabor Home and Valhaven for those requiring Complex Care.
We are currently looking for a caring and motivated Full Time Social Worker.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to be a part of a dynamic and
compassionate team providing seniors with “Care from the Heart!”
In accordance with the mission, vision, values, philosophy and goals of
Tabor Village and under the general supervision and direction of the
Director of Resident Care, the Social Worker (SW), in summary, will:
- Co-ordinate move-ins of residents to with Resident Care Coordinatorsand/or Director of Resident Care. Assist residents and family with transition.
- A Tabor Village leader and member of the leadership team.
- Provide psycho-social assessment, crisis intervention, and counselling in accordance with the provincial governing body of social workers policies,procedures, standards and regulations.
- Provides therapeutic counselling or support and documents as per accepted protocols.
- Liaise with community social work agencies, government and other resources.
- Collaborate with the resident care interdisciplinary team (IDT) in developing resident care plans and interventions.
- Participates in IDT meetings.
- Act as a support to residents by providing support and guidance to enable them to help themselves while maintaining a professional relationship with residents and families and staff.
- Supports and educates staff in professional relationships and communication.
- Ensures financial support and resources for resident are transparent, meet resident needs and advocates when resident/family unable to meet needs.
1. Assist with the transition of new residents and end of life care, liaising with Resident Care Coordinators and Care Team across the campus. Assisting the medical and nursing team and with Goals of Care conversations.
2. Interview residents and families for the purpose of identity strength, assessing needs, and coordinating appropriate resources to meet those needs. This includes liaison with appropriate agencies and contacts including Fraser Health, PG&T, and community agencies (ex. dialysis team.)
3. Provide counselling services to residents and families and as required make referrals to appropriate community agencies.
4. Participate and/or facilitate ongoing family support services such as:
a) family care givers group,
b) grief support,
c) MS, HC and Alzheimer’s,
d) Mental Health, and
e) others as required.
5. Determine resident’s eligibility for financial assistance and advise residents and/or families and as appropriate, make referrals to financial support agencies.
6. Participate in care conferences by providing input into resident’s social/emotional needs. Collaborate with other interdisciplinary team members in identifying and planning care for the holistic needs of residents and documenting in progress notes and care plans.
7. Record, maintain, and update resident health records in accordance with departmental and Tabor Village policies.
8. Provide direction to the Director of Resident Care on the development, revision, implementation, and evaluation of the social work services, including policies, standards and procedures, education and Accreditation standards.
9. Assess challenges by consulting with a variety of resource areas such as interdisciplinary team, family, and nursing/medical staff to identify resident’s needs and set up care plan.
10. Promote person centred and family centred care, resident/family autonomy by ensuring their participation in planning and decision making and the development of their problem solving abilities.
11. Attend departmental and interdisciplinary meetings and other meetings as assigned.
12. Assist in collecting, recording and sharing residents’ social history.
13. Perform other related duties as required and participate in special projects as assigned.
14. Social work hours are direct care hours with Fraser Health and must be maintained as per staffing plan and replaced when ill or on holidays.
15. Facilitate with Director of Resident Care Ethics Committee, PIECES, and living at risk policy and support staff with moral and or ethical dilemmas and change management.
16. Network with other Residential Care Social Workers to share best practice and keep informed of industry changes.
Education, Training and Experience
• BSW or recognized equivalent from an accredited degree program in Social
Sciences plus two years of recent related experience or equivalent combination
of education, training and experience.
• Eligible for membership in the BC Association of Social Workers.
• Certificate in Gerontology and previous experience working with Mental Health clients an asset.
Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with others.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated computer skills and electronic health records
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills and conflict management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a interdisciplinary team setting.
• Demonstrated organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Ability to recognize the need for and develop appropriate resources to meet residents’ social/emotional needs.
• Ability to empathize and support with residents, staff and families.
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
For more information visit Careers/Tabor Village
Please forward resume to CCastronuovo@taborvillage.org Director, Human Resources
Please note: While we thank all applicants for their interest in Tabor Village, only those shortlisted will be called for an interview