Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows Community Services
Position: A regular full time (35 hour) position is available at the Rainbow Club.
Qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, experience):
- Have a minimum of two year diploma and/or degree in the Social Sciences field
- Employment experience required
- Employment certificate would be an asset
- Experience working with adults living with mental health issues
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Valid Class IV Drivers license required
- Food Safe certification required
- Employment and career counseling an asset
- Ability to promote the development of social and vocational skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to promote services to potential employers
- Strong computer and writing skills
- Ability to adapt or modify skills and/or training for clients as necessary
- Be non-judgmental and culturally accepting
- Demonstrate knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation Principles
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate rather than direct member involvement
Wage/Salary: Grid 11, $17.44
Start Date: ASAP
Submit Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 604-677-6649
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 14th, 2017
In your cover letter please indicate where you heard about this job posting.
Successful applicant will be informed and accepting of cultural diversity, and have the ability to work and support all people with dignity and respect. This position is open to male and female applicants.
This position requires Union membership.