Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows Community Services
Position: A 35 hour per week temporary position is available within the Community Living Support Program, Mental Health Services. This position is for one year until March 31, 2018. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting clients with severe and persistent mental health issues living independently in the community. The CLS office is based out of the Rainbow Club, but the majority of the work is done with clients in their home and/or in the community.
Qualifications (knowledge, education, skills, experience):
- Have a minimum of a two year relevant certificate or degree
- Significant, relevant experience working with adults living with mental health issues
- Knowledge of the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Be non-judgmental, compassionate, and culturally accepting,
- Knowledge of community resources and housing,
- Ability to work both independently and within a community care team,
- Good organizational skills and time management skills,
- Knowledge of computer programs: Outlook express, Microsoft work, and client information systems.
Wage/Salary: Grid Level 11, $17.96
Start Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: March 14, 2017
Submit Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter please indicate where you heard about this job posting.
Successful applicant will be informed and accepting of cultural diversity, and have the ability to work and support all people with dignity and respect. This position is open to male and female applicants.
This position requires Union membership