Métis Family Services 13639 108th Avenue Surrey, BC V3T 2K4
Telephone: (604) 584-6621 Fax: (604) 582-4820
Job Title: Program Assistant (Full Time/Regular)
Dept: Administration (Delegated Program Assistant Grid 07)
Reports to: Finance & HR Manager, and CEO
Closing Date: March 17, 2017
Provides administrative support to teams of the agency. The Program Assistant works with some degree of independence. The Program Assistant will receive assignments from the Team Leaders, Finance and Human Resources Manager, CEO, and other professional staff, who remain responsible for the performance of the work assignments. The Program Assistant will provide support to professional staff in the assigned team serving children and families.
Reports to: Finance and Human Resources Manager, and CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists delegated teams with: filing according to standards and practices; recording and typing team meeting minutes; types CPOCs for workers when needed; prepares files for Government storage offsite, (after 18 months on-site); reviews CPOC list for overdue/completed reports; arranges out-of-office meetings and bookings for presentations, seminars, catering etc. for team; types and proof reads confidential material, including letters, memos, CPOCs and various reports; corresponds with Social Workers in different MCFD offices in regards to court documents, services, etc;
- Providing supervised access for children in care (e.g. incumbent would call agency that provides the service and schedules the visit supervisor to affect the service); Provides transportation for children to attend visits with families and/or Assists with supervising visits. Ensures the safety of visitation site for clients; Maintains strict confidentiality of information;
- Provides administrative support by pulling file information at the request of a staff; arranging photocopying documentation for court; taking photographs for file purposes at the direction of staff (ie. taking ID photo of clients to be attached to file; preparing routine payment documents for professional staff approval; preparing required information to initiate contracts; liaising with other ministries and agencies as required; to initiate services or resolve problems maintaining a “to do” list establishing priorities and assignments; setting up and maintaining files.
- Assists all teams with: pulls file information as requested; photocopies documentation when required; cataloguing closed files and storing; opens and closes files for all teams; receives transferred files from MCFD, reviews and opens new files and new volumes; daily filing for all teams; conducts prior contact checks and attaches to intake forms; Check, print and distribute after hours at the beginning of the day; Prepares disclosures for the lawyers and sends files to lawyers’ offices.
- General office duties include: receiving, sending, recording in/out faxes; checks and responds to emails and distributes to various employees; photocopies and distributes various information to staff; sends and receives parcel via courier, as needed; complies various resource materials for MFS resource library; changes and stores security tapes; relieves reception for break time, as needed; assists Parenting Program as needed; assists CEO Assistant as needed; helps coordinate and set-up for various events, i.e. Foster Parent Appreciation Luncheon, Children’s Christmas parties and Aging Out ceremony. Order supplies, as needed.
- Daily checks with After Hours and distributes reports to Team Leader, Social Workers and Duty Worker, as required.
- Performs reception duties, if needed.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Results Orientation – concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement). Thus, a unique accomplishment also indicates a Results Orientation.
Service Orientation – implies a desire to identify and serve customers/clients, who may include the public, co-workers, other branches/divisions, other ministries/agencies, other government organizations, and non-government organizations. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer/client.
Teamwork and Co-operation – the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
Completion of Grade 12 plus completion of a program up to one (1) year certification in business or office administration, or the equivalent education and experience. Six (6) months of general office experience that includes reception and clerical functions. Preferably with experience in a child welfare environment and have knowledge of ICM and MIS systems.
Job Skills and abilities:
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Organizes work and carry out the duties of the position with independence and attention to detail.
- Deals effectively with others.
- Effectively uses the computer application programs and other office equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all accounts and records.
- Must have a Criminal Record Check completed by and satisfactory to Métis Family Services.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License; Driver’s Abstract and a reliable and safe vehicle.
Rate of pay: $20.42 to $23.05 per hour
Start date: As soon as possible.
To Apply: Please clearly state the position you are applying for and forward your resume & cover letter to the attention of Aileen Lomotan by email to email@example.com
This position requires union membership.
This position is open to applicants of all genders.
Metis Family Services thanks all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity; however, only those considered for the position will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.