The Women’s Resource Society of the Fraser Valley (WRSFV) is a community based feminist organization that assists women through housing, programs, resource referral and other supports. The organization also provides services for victims of gender based violence.
Position: Relief Outreach Worker – Warm Zone
The Warm Zone a program of the Women’s Resource Society (WRSFV) has an openings for casual, on-call Outreach Workers.
Reporting to the Service Navigator, the Outreach Worker will provide support to clients of the Warm Zone. The Outreach Worker provides casework support to individuals experiencing homelessness, substance misuse, concurrent disorders, spectrum disorders and/or criminal justice involvement. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, outgoing, caring, and will understand the importance of working within an agency that practices a non-judgmental women’s centered approach.
- Completion of the 2 year UFV Diploma in Social Services (or equivalent) at a minimum
- Specific training in addictions and mental health
- Experience working with high risk, multi-barrier female populations
- Experience in the provision of outreach support services
- Excellent knowledge of the programs and services in the Abbotsford community
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Firm commitment to the WRSFV “women’s centred” approach to support and service delivery
- Firm commitment to the WRSFV pro-choice stance
- Solid and demonstrable work ethic and the ability to work efficiently and with minimal supervision
- Firm commitment to the WRSFV team based approach
- Ability to network and interact well with other service providers and allied colleagues
- Firm commitment to the WRSFV Mandate, Philosophy and Values
- Willingness and ability to receive and work with feedback in a non-defensive way
- Willingness and ability to fully commit to the Warm Zone program and to engage as a dynamic, vibrant member of the team
- Willingness to be a flexible worker, understanding that changes in scheduling are sometimes necessary to meet service obligations
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a car in good working condition that can safely transport clients as required.
- Valid First Aid and Food Safe Certificates
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 30lbs, pick up and sort bagged or packaged donations.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Maureen.Berlin@wrsfv.ca Subject: Relief Outreach Worker – Warm Zone
Deadline for Application: will remain open until a successful candidate is found
WRSFV promotes the principles of anti-oppression, diversity and inclusion. We strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals from First Nations, diverse ethnocultural origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
WRSFV is a scent free environment.