The Women’s Resource Society of the Fraser Valley (WRSFV) is a community based feminist organization that assists women through housing, programs, resource referral and other supports. The organization also provides services for victims of gender based violence.
Position: Relief Support Worker – Transition House
Provides advocacy, one to one support, group facilitation, crisis intervention, assessment, intake and discharge services in the Transition House for up to twelve women and children fleeing violence or at risk of violence. Assists the TH Manager by providing administrative support as necessary and ensures the safety and security of the program. The program operates 24/7 and employees may work day, evening or weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
2 yr. Diploma in a related Human/Social Service field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two years recent related experience
- Knowledge of family violence, violence against women and children, community resources.
- Must be able to take direction and work cooperatively with others.
- This position requires an authorization for a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Act of B.C.
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Class 5 Drivers license and a reliable vehicle
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including night shifts (Relief), weekends and statutory holiday as well as weekday shifts.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral, written and computer literacy skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Crisis intervention, assessment and lay counseling skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Able to be non-judgmental and empathetic
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to be flexible and creative
- Able to maintain personal and professional boundaries
- Able to interact effectively and positively with women and children
- Able to work with people with complex needs
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations
Submit cover letter and resume to: Maureen.Berlin@wrsfv.ca Subject: Relief Support Worker – Transition House
Deadline for Application: will remain open until a successful candidate is found
WRSFV promotes the principles of anti-oppression, diversity and inclusion. We strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals from First Nations, diverse ethnocultural origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
WRSFV is a scent free environment.