The Women’s Resource Society of the Fraser Valley (WRSFV) is a community based feminist organization that assists women through housing, programs, resource referral and other supports. The organization also provides services for victims of gender based violence.
Position: Service Navigator
The Service Navigator is a management position, based out of our Warm Zone location. The Service Navigator is to provide case management leadership, negotiate expedited and priority referral entry with community service providers so that women can access services that have barriers or waitlists to entry.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5-year related degree, proven leadership skills and experience working in the non-profit sector. Excellent communication skills with a commitment to collaboration, development and change management are required. A strong service delivery background in both the private and public sectors will provide the diversity of experience that is required.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitate participant retention by resolving concerns/complaints and issues related to accessing government and social services
- Provide information on all health and social services available
- Assist women to address child welfare and legal issues
- Broker streamlined referral systems
- Broker access to gated, priority ranked, and funded services
- Coordinate the case management team by connecting clients to mainstream services
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure they access services to which they are eligible
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff and volunteers including supervision and evaluation, training and team building
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the Executive Director
- Implement, manage, supervise and evaluate all activities related to the programs
- In-depth knowledge and experience with programs supporting women dealing with homelessness, addiction, mental health issues and abuse
- Ability to work with a trauma informed lens
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and relationship management skills to deal with all levels of staff, vendors, external stakeholders and funders
Submit cover letter and resume to: Maureen.Berlin@wrsfv.ca Subject: Service Navigator Posting
Deadline for Application: will remain open until a successful candidate is found
WRSFV promotes the principles of anti-oppression, diversity and inclusion. We strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals from First Nations, diverse ethnocultural origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
WRSFV is a scent free environment.