• Must be willing to work 8, 12 or 24 hour shifts (three a week minimum).
• Compensation dependant on location of work and will be discussed in interview
• Must have or be willing to attain within three months of hire, first aid certificate, food safe certificate
• Criminal Record Check
• Vehicle and Class 5 Licence
We are Mountain Healing Homes and care for youth in ministry care and have homes throughout Abbotsford. This job is not for the faint at heart. We are caring for and working with youth who have had many transitions and negative experiences in their lives. You are walking alongside the youth during their daily activities and serving as a role model and support in many ways. They may have mental, emotional, or physical barriers to normal living. Inappropriate outburst of emotion and boundary violations are to be expected. The ideal candidate is strong willed and compassionate. You must be flexible yet able to set boundaries and live by them. You must be a good role model; all your behaviours will be watched and evaluated by the youth. This job is very rewarding, yet the hours are long and the work is challenging.
• Assists clients to live successfully in residential settings such as group homes
• Ensures that clients’ physical, emotional social, educational, medical needs are met
• Assists clients to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the assessment, goal setting, program planning (Personal Service Plan) for individuals living in a residence. Documents, implements and provides input into the evaluation of the program.
2. Provides life skills training such as meal preparation ( must be able to plan, shop, and prepare healthy wholesome meals), housekeeping, personal care skills, personal finance and implements personal service plans.
3. Assists clients with activities of daily living such as hygiene, grooming and toileting. This may include feces management.
4. Participates in various client-focused activities in accordance with care plans.
5. Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as clients’ aggressive behavior to ensure no harm comes to the client and/or the public. Reports problems to the supervisor.
6. Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
7. Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties. Provides input to counsellor, professional, with regard to the development of appropriate program plans to achieve residents’ objectives. Contributes to the evaluation of residents’ progress, prepares reports.
8. Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families.
9. Transports and assists residents to appointments, shopping or leisure activities. Must have own vehicle and Class 5 Licence.
10. Performs residence maintenance and housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping, mopping floors, mowing lawns, inventory, shopping, cleaning equipment and food services.
11. Maintains reports such as statistics, logbooks, daily activities on residents.
12. Identifies social, economic, recreational, educational services in the community that will meet clients’ needs. Maintains liaison with other agencies, professionals and government officials and community.
13. Performs other related duties as required.
• Education and Knowledge: Certificate/Education in a related human / social service field
• Training and Experience: One (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please submit Resume and Cover Letter Attention: Justine Penner- Hiring Manager firstname.lastname@example.org closing date February 17, 2017