IMMIGRANT SERVICES SOCIETY OF B.C.
Job Competition #: 2017-Settlement-01
Position: Volunteer Connections Facilitator
Settlement Program – Cottonwood
Regular, full-time position at 35 hours per week, starting immediately
Reporting to the Settlement Manager, the Volunteer Connections Facilitator facilitates and delivers Community Connection and Volunteer Program activities to immigrant and refugee newcomers. Responsibilities include: Recruiting, screening, interviewing, orientating and placing volunteers with ISSofBC programs and external agencies; conducting on-going monitoring follow-ups on all volunteer placements; liaising with ISSofBC programs and external agencies (i.e. civic, church, and other community groups and associations) to foster partnerships essential to recruiting clients and community volunteers; delivering volunteer information sessions for new and potential volunteers; organizing and/or assisting in the organization of volunteer recognition and social events; entering new and revised information in the volunteer database.
Diploma in Social Sciences, counselling or a related discipline acceptable to the employer supplemented by a minimum of one (1) to (2) years of experience in a client-oriented position, preferably in an immigrant settlement services related field OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
– Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff and the public who come from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
– Proficiency in MS Word.
– Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources effectively.
– Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating groups.
– Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
– Service-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to help the department and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets.
– Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2017-Settlement-01” in the subject line and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Thursday, January 12, 2017
Salary Range: $20.05 – $21.91 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
ISSofBC offers to eligible staff an outstanding medical and employer-matched RRSP benefits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.