CN Coordinator Job Posting
Location: Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Katzie Communities
Closing Date: January 17th, 2017
The Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and Katzie Community Network (CN) is an umbrella organisation comprised of approximately 200 members and 80 organisations representing service providers, government, non-profit organisations and community members who are committed to the overall success of our community. The primary purposes of the Community Network are networking, capacity building, and strategic planning. The goal of the network is to strengthen the availability and quality of services and resources that support and encourage opportunities for children, youth, individuals, seniors and families to increase their capacity to improve their quality of life.
Within this framework there is a Community Network Facilitators Group. This group offers leadership to the CN table and to its CN committees. In order for the different committees to complete their mandates coordination is required. The role of the CN Coordinator is to be a liaison between the different committees of the CN and to respond to the needs of the committees. This CN coordinator shares information about different committee projects including successes and challenges with the CN Table. It is an ever-evolving role that requires the coordinator to be knowledgeable, skilled in communication and able to quickly respond with time and expertise. The CN coordinator takes direction from the Facilitator Group and the CN chair.
The contract is to be negotiated. The contract is set annually on the date of hire for a 46-week term and is renewable subject to satisfactory performance and the availability of funding.
The successful candidate is required to provide for their own office space and will be required to travel throughout the three communities of Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and Katzie.
Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience.
• Reporting to the Community Network through the Facilitators leadership group, the hosting agency and the CN Chair, this position will be responsible for supporting the Chair, Facilitators group and CN Committee to achieve its annual goals: assisting with agendas, minutes and attendance lists; arranging for guest speakers; maintaining membership lists; coordinating annual planning processes; coordinating and conducting ongoing new member orientation; drafting correspondence and developing other materials and documents.
• Attending quarterly meetings with CN Chair and hosting agency representative to review deliverables and for the provision of support to the coordinator
• Attending monthly Facilitators and CN meetings, and Committee, Affiliate and Task Force meetings as required.
• Supporting the work of the Committees, Affiliates and Task Groups as required: assisting with meeting the CN Terms of Reference requirements; supporting the implementation of annual work plans as required; providing communication linkages with individual groups and overall network.
• Promoting and coordinating CN orientations and monthly CN presentations
• Working with the facilitators group: prepare and write grant proposals by providing research, gathering support documentation; and submitting interim and final evaluations when assigned.
• Assist in the promotion of the network by developing and providing presentations, displays, news releases and other materials as required.
• Attend functions to represent CN in community and perform outreach to business community, service clubs and other community groups.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to plan, participate and provide leadership and support to CN committees, affiliates and task groups.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise and engage with local government, service providers and community members to achieve community outcomes.
• Strong coordination/administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong networking and relationship building skills
• Proven ability to work independently
• Proven ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to work with, and manage volunteers
• Strong facilitation and communication skills (including written and verbal skills).
• Demonstrated ability to establish a relationship with local media to help raise awareness of the Community Network
• Proven marketing skills including campaign design
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications; Word, Power Point, and excel
• Expertise with website design and maintenance and social media platforms
• Experience in grant and report writing, and evaluation of projects
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the social service sector in Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and Katzie.
• Must have valid BC driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
• A relevant degree in social services or equivalent training and experience
• A minimum of 5 years experience in the social service sector doing comparable work
• Must have access to computer/ laptop, printer, internet, cell phone and any other equipment and office supplies required to carry out the functions of the contract.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Jenny Earley at email@example.com by 5.00pm on January 17th, 2017
Only those applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. We wish to thank all those who apply.