Job Number: 16000248
Community Worker Employee : Casual
The Community Support Worker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides supportive care services to clients and assists clients with activities as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
Primary Locations: Surrey/White Rock/Delta/Richmond/North Vancouver
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports carrying out the day to day tasks and goals as set by the care plan;
• Enables client to live independently at home and in the community through providing support;
• Cues client as required for ADLs and IADLs;
• Reinforces safety measures with client;
• Medication monitoring, reminders, education;
• Reinforces behaviour management principles and acceptable social skills;
• Monitors triggers that are adverse to client’s well-being;
• Supports re-integration into the community;
• Drives client as necessary;
• Observes and documents client conditions, reports unusual events or changes in the client’s condition as requested;
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
Minimum 1-2 years experience working with people with acquired brain injury and/or developmental disabilities, mental health.
• Post secondary education in health and/or social services;
• Brain Basics or behavioural training;
• CPR/ First Aid
Please apply online: https://bayshore.taleo.net/careersection/bs_ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=16000248