Fraser River All Nations Aboriginal Society (FRANAS)
Aboriginal Support Worker – Housing
The Aboriginal Support Worker is an integral part of the Housing First services provided by FRANAS. This ASW will help individuals experiencing chronic or episodic homelessness access permanent housing. Working with the other providers in the community, the case manager will help clients who identify as Aboriginal develop and implement flexible, individualized, and client-centred service plans. This includes intake into the Housing First program, working with the community partners to determine HF program eligibility, connecting clients to permanent housing, and coordination of wrap around supports after the client’s move in.
- Carry out intakes into Housing First program
- Refer clients who are not eligible for the HF Program to a more appropriate service and follow up.
- Create individual service plans for clients in the HF program that outline action plans for their goals.
- Administer the Vulnerability Assessment Tool
- Communicate with clients and community partners in a professional manner at all times.
- Keep record of client interactions, and report as required
- Follow up with clients at 6, 12, and 24 months after placement
- Coordinate with the Housing Specialist to ensure housing is safe and sustainable tenancies for clients
- Other duties as assigned by FRANAS
Essential to the functioning of this role is the understanding that the case manager is a member of a Housing First services operated in the community. As outlined in the Terms of Reference for this team, there are a total of four other agencies with similar relationships – members of the team who are staff of and report to other agencies. This role will be employed by FRANAS, and supervised by the Executive Coordinator of FRANAS.
Applicant should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s level of education in a social sciences or healthcare field, an understanding of the needs of individuals experiencing homelessness, and a minimum of one year work experience in a similar role. However, a combination of education and experience deemed appropriate by the hiring panel may also be considered. Priority will be given to individuals with lived experience of homelessness with demonstrated ability to provide safe care for clients, and individuals with extensive understanding of indigenous culture and local issues.
Application Deadline: December 5 2016, 5:00pm
Send Cover letter and Resume to:
Fraser River All Nations Aboriginal Society
#660 – 22470 Dewdney Trunk Road
Maple Ridge BC, V2X 8H7
Email: email@example.com Phone: 604-466-7439